Sunday, June 26, 2005

Your Blog is a Weave in the Web


your blog is a weave in the web




Jakob Nielsen, the world's leading expert on web usability, often refers to the web as a single unit, a single public utility, a single digital entity.

Others also refer to the web as a unit. They say the web is broken, or the web empowers people, or surf the web.

I usually tend to think of individual web sites, not the web as a whole. I can analyze a specific web site, but there are many aspects of the web itself that I don't understand as well as I wish I did.

I tend to think of individual blogs, not a cumulative blogosphere, though I often speak of "the blogosphere", or, as I like to call it, the "bloatosphere". I respond to specific blogs, and not so much to the whole blogosphere as a "world within the web".

Do you feel awareness of a "location" within the web called the "blogosphere"? Do you feel awareness of a "location" within the internet called the "web"?

At any rate, your blog, if you have one (and you should have one, especially since they're FREE from Blogger)...

...your blog is a weave in the world wide web.

Your blog truly is a part of a larger digital information entity, and it makes a unique contribution to the universal library of human knowledge and opinion.

How valuable that contribution is depends on the quality of your writing, the wisdom of your opinions, the accuracy of your statements, the enthusiasm of your devotion, the compassion of your intent, and the authenticity of your voice.



[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate



(<:

No comments: