Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What Web Pages Link to Your Blog?





What web pages link to your blog?

Here's how to find out.

Bloglines Citations tells you what web pages link to any URL.

Your blog, for example.


http://www.bloglines.com/citations

Home > Search > Pages linking to URL


So far, this is the best service I know of.


Be sure to begin your URL with the http: [forward slash] [forward slash]


Thanks to Robert Scoble at The Red Couch blog.

Robert and I have had some discussions about RSS and name/blog title search feeds. He says PubSub returns 10 times more results than Technorati. But I get lousy results from PubSub. I prefer Technorati searches on blog URLs and names.

Anybody got any other suggestions?


[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate


:^)

5 comments:

gabsmash said...

thanks for sharing that one!

gabsmash said...

i got 3 links at blogline. technorati shows 5 times that for my links. have you ever googled your blog/blog name? interesting.

steven edward streight said...

I get the most results by Googling my name or blog titles.

I asked Robert Scoble if he'd consider doing a side by side comparison chart of Technorati, Bloglines, Popdex, Blogdex, Alexa, Google, etc.

Ever try IceRocket? A9?

gabsmash said...

no...i will check them out.. thanks again!

steven edward streight said...

gabsmash has an interesting "simple celeb gossip" blog about hellywood scars, er, stars, and other self-impressed humanoids.