Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Celebrate Blog Day 2005




Blog Day 2005


august 31st, 2005



On this first Blog Day celebration, all bloggers are now displaying 5 new blogs that we heartily recommend to our readers.

Please visit these 5 blogs.

I think you'll probably find them worth adding to your Favorites Bookmarks list or your blogroll if you too are a blogger.

Then again, you may not share my tastes or enthusiasm.

Be it as it may, thanks for also, if you operate a blog, displaying YOUR own list of "5 new blogs you might want to explore" for your readers.

Let's join together to celebrate the wonders of the blogosphere...on Blog Day 2005.





Some Blog Definitions:


Blogs = first universal publishing system in history.

Blogs = fast, easy web content creation, updating, networking, and editing tool for non-geeks with no knowledge of HTML.

Blogs = free information hubs, to which you can contribute your own opinions or observations, to which you can add any textual content you want.

Blogs = two-way conversations between any two internet-connected people via the web.

Blogs = slow chat rooms.

Blogs = decentralized public micro/macro-casting of independent, uncensored, unedited, original content.

Blogs = multi-directional, multi-media enabled, digital communication platforms.

Blogs = the democratization of web content.

Blogs = "an email to the world" (Doc Searls).

Blogs = self-magnifying mouthpieces for activistic transformative process elucidation and proliferation.




Blogs are electro-telepathic conduits of mental revolution.






[QUOTE]



About Blog Day 2005

http://blogday.wikispaces.org/about


What is BlogDay?


BlogDay was initiated with the belief that bloggers should have one day which will be dedicated to know other bloggers, from other countries or areas of interests. In that day Bloggers will recommend about them to their Blog visitors.

Read my original post:

Blog Day 2005

http://blogday.wikispaces.org


What will happen on BlogDay?

In one long moment on August 31st, bloggers from all over the world will post a recommendation of 5 new Blogs...

...preferably, blogs different from their own culture, point of view and attitude.


On this day, blog surfers will find themselves leaping and discovering new, unknown Blogs, celebrating the discovery of new people and new bloggers.


Why do we need a BlogDay?

I am suggesting this kind of activity because in the last months I felt that the more blogs there are, the less time I’m spending on new web logs.

Because of the overload of information, I’m just visiting my favorite blog and therefore, I’m sure that I miss a lot of good blogs.

Who am I?

My name is Nir Ofir.

I'm the Editor in Chief of an Israeli Portal: Tapuz.co.il.

I consider my self as an innovation evangelistand and an entrapreneur. Experienced in initiating, founding and running "Userland" type of web based services.

I'm known for founding Israel's first commercial Weblog service and as the creator of the "BlogTV" service – Live Broadcasted web logs.

You can read more about me, the Israeli Blogging scene and BlogDay project in my blog.


[QUOTE]



Vaspers the Grate's

5 Recommended Blogs:



(1) Hello my name is Scott

http://www.hellomynameisscott.blogspot.com


(2) 10,000 Birds

http://www.10000birds.com


(3) Edge Perspectives with John Hagel

http://www.edgeperspectives.typepad.com


(4) Lessig Blog

http://lessig.org/blog


(5) Electronic Frontiers Foundation

http://www.eff.org









[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

:^)

5 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh good lord your blog sucks balls. The layout looks like a monkey threw poop all over the place.

Hans said...

Steven, thank you for the Blog Links of the 5. My favourite is the 10000birds as I hit last week by car a bee-eater, was very beautiful to hold it in my hands, then freed him, was not hurt seriously. Your lately graphics are great !

steven edward streight said...

Lacey: thank you for the compliments. I actually did hire a monkey, your mother, to do the layout.

And what MSM (mainstream media) organization do you work for?

Grijsz: Yes, dear Georgian/German friend, I love birds also, feed and water them daily.

Why love birds? Because they are flying musicians. Every human dreams of both flying and making great music. Birds are symbols, correspondences of, angels.

carrie said...

what lacey said makes no sense. maybe lacey is using a strange browser that changes the layout of the page. this blog looks relatively normal to me.... posts on one side, sidebar on the other.

steven edward streight said...

My theory is: if you critique a blog, you better have your own blog for me to compare and learn from. Otherwise, you're talking out your ass.

Plus: Lacey is most likely a 13 year old boy who eats fart bubbles, has seen all Star Wars movies 100 times, and is on Ritalin. And worships Harry Potter.

Or Lacey is an MSM foreign correspondent, or a web designer.

Those are the 3 main types of foes I have. Oh, and pseudo blog consultants, too.