Sunday, January 15, 2006

Business blogger bible now in bookstores


The best book on blogs is now in bookstores:

Naked Conversations: How Blogs are Changing the Way Businesses Talk with Customers

by Shel Israel and Robert Scoble (forward by Tom Peters).

2006

John Wiley & Sons, Inc. publishers

$24.95 USD


I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday and bought it.

The sales clerk said it just arrived, and she had to go into "the back" to get a fresh brand-spanking new copy of this treasure.

I feel like I should not post for a while, wait until I read the entire book at one or several sittings, and then post something with the white hot lamp of your revelation burning and brightening my vivid braincells and stem.

I just flipped to a random page, page 79, last bulleted item: "Blogging saves money, but costs time."

See? Pithy. Profound. Clever. Hip. Too much to believe. The highest praise I can give a business book: it reads like a title in the Harvard Business School Press catalog. Astonishing, as Seth Godin might say.

This IS the Bloggers Bible.

A first in the history of the beloved blogosphere.

EDIT UPDATE: Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention, I'm mentioned twice in the book, see page 137 and 234.

EDIT UPDATE 2: It seems that Vaspers the Grate is the first known person to purchase Naked Conversations in a retail bookstore. I have entered a footnote in the history of the blogosphere.

"Stephen Streight buys Naked Conversations in Peoria"

http://wroxblog.typepad.com/minatel/
2006/01/stephen_streigh.html


[signed] Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

No comments: